Thursday, April 28, 2005

Don't Spoil My Reputation

My friends and I are fresh slabs of meat on the Shidduch market. One night my friends called me out for dinner, so I put on my coat and left. I show up, and one friend comments, "You're wearing short skirt and short socks?" "Yeah," I replied, "It's warm out, why not?" So she just kept quiet. Then we met the other half of our group, one of which said, "Those socks totally don't go with that skirt, " to which I replied,"Yeah, I know, I need sandals." So she said, "Well, we don't do open toe," and I casually responded, "Well, I do." So she tells me, "Not when you're with us. I'm not screwing up my reputation because of your sandals." Coming from the girl who called boys to join us when we went out before. (New Paragraph) This is what drives me crazy about this reputation thing. This kid all nervous about me and my sandals, but she'll bring boys to meet us and talk to them at the next table. Explain that one.

4 Comments:

At 4/28/2005 10:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are friends with someone who tells you "I'm not screwing up my reputation because of your sandals." ???? Get yourself some new friends, honey, who appreciate you for who YOU are, not for how you will affect their reputation!

 
At 5/02/2005 4:36 AM, Blogger TRK said...

I sometimes think the world has gone STARK RAVING MAD! People are gonna care that she hung out with someone who wore open sandals? What kind of people are these? G-d fearing people who love Am Yisrael? Doesn't sound like it to me.

Sorry, was foaming at the mouth for a minute there. Anyway, you get my point (I hope).

TRK

 
At 5/02/2005 11:08 AM, Blogger Karl said...

Ignore their "reputation", just do your thing.

 
At 5/24/2005 5:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Michelle since you said that you read every comment, im gonna go back and have my say. This is a gr8 place to get my view accross.

I dont understand the whole reputation thing. Why would it matter if you wear sandals or not? I mean a girl can wear sandals and be the kindest most modest person. or she may not wear sandals and be a bad girl (you know what i mean). Those girls who objected are obviously only interested in the exterior layer of a person. Thats not important. Its what's inside that counts!!

Without meaning to be rude (please dont get insulted) Why are you associating with people who refuse to allow you to be yourself and dress how you like? Those girls dont deserve to have you as a friend. I mean if they cant accept you for who you are, then they are not worth your time.

Yonne

 

Post a Comment

<< Home