Sunday, September 26, 2004

Fasting on Yom Kippur

If I hear this one more time, someone's gonna have a bloody nose. "Oh, I hope I lose weight on Yom Kippur!" I don't know how to break it to you, but G-d's intention is not to have a skinnier nation on 11 Tishrei. Sorry.
The purpose of fasting on Yom Kippur is NOT to lose weight. It's to be like angels and beg G-d for forgiveness for being such shallow idiots that that thought enters/dominates our minds. Surely, in this image-obsessed society, many people have entertained that thought. Keep it there. IN your head, because by saying it out loud, you reveal how shallow and self-invloved you are.

1 Comments:

At 7/12/2006 10:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's so shallow! B"H I've never heard anyone say that. In fact, as I get older, I notice that more & more people are wishing me a meaningful fast, rather than an easy one.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home