Saturday, December 25, 2004

Until I Got to Brooklyn College

My first semester in Brooklyn College, I took English One. Before the exit exam, the professor gave out a 10-page reading that we would discuss in class, and use at the exit exam. The catch was, he was not allowed to be involved in the discussion. So he said, "How about this? Everyone write the name of the person who you think should head the class in the discussion, and act as the professor." So I wrote my buddy's name as a goof, knowing it would be funny to see him up there, cuz he is really smart. Anyway, the professor counted the votes and announced the top 3. I was proud of myself, noting that in high school, I would have hoped and wished and prayed that I would be chosen. This time, I knew that I wasn't gonna be chosen, so I sat back and listened. "Shana, Michelle, and Jason" My professor announced. "Me Michelle?" I asked, shocked. "Yup!" He answered. Finally. I was chosen for something!!!

2 Comments:

At 12/27/2004 6:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dreams really do come true.

 
At 12/27/2004 5:24 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

I was shocked. Then I was a little nervous, but once I got up there, I was comfortable. I was confident because I know I had been chosen sincerely. It was kinda fun, actually.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home