Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Always the Same Girls...

Okay, I had this whole long megilla of a post done, and then somehow it got deleted. Argh.
Anyway, my point is that I was never chosen for anything in school.

I remember the class presidential elections of 2nd grade. I probably nominated myself, because I have no clue how I got up there in the first place. Anyway, the way we voted was that we'd all put out heads down. The teacher would announce the name of thr girl, and everyone who wanted to vote for her raised her hand. Of course, I peeked at my turn. I got one vote. Just one.
Later on the year, somehow I was elected. I think she paid them off somehow.
After that, I was ignored. Besides the fact that for some reason I was the teacher's pet the years after that. I guess they felt bad for me.

In Junior High School, we had these Rosh Chodesh Breakfasts. Every month, they'd choose two girls per grade to speak. How many times was I chosen? Zero.

G.O. President. HA! ME???

Yearbook time! I begged to be English editor. I knew Editor in Chief wasn't happening, but I checked that of on the sheet they used to ask what we wanted to do. So I chose English Editor as second choice. What job did I get? The most brainless one of all. Ads. I collected money for the ads. My parents tried to be nice and tell me it meant I was good in math. Riiiight.

High school came. After the whole ordeal it took for me to get my tuchus back into the place, I was ignored yet again.
G.O. President? Nope.
Chesed head? No way Jose (that's a nerdy job anyway)
I was too afraid to try out for the school play, because why deal with rejection if you can avoid it altogether?

Then, they introduced a school newspaper! Yay!!!!!!!!! Who was Editor in Chief? NOT ME.

Next, the yearbook came. Who were the editors in chief? Oh, those poor same old girls who had already been G.O. President, one was head of dance, and both had been slated to be Valedictorian. Nebuch. Can't catch a break.
Don't get me wrong. I love those kids. They're the reason I got the job of English editor.

4 Comments:

At 12/24/2004 6:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gary Student here:

I stopped because I am writing a book based on my posts. This way I could make money off of it.

 
At 12/27/2004 5:27 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

I should have made it clear that there were 40 girls in my grade, and I was the first graduating class. That means that when I arrived in 10th grade, there was a total of approx 85 girls in the entire school. When I graduated, there were less than 170 students. So they had plenty of opportunities to choose me, but I think they are learning slowly. At a friend's wedding recently, they blew me my own kiss :-)

 
At 12/28/2004 1:18 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Cholent: I don't think they were necesarily out to get me, but I remember them telling me that they looked at me more strictly than other students because of the school I chose to attend in ninth grade. I think they were just scared that my standards are different than theirs. They like to have that "Bais Yaakov" type of girl representing them. That's why all the G.O. presidents were the yeshivish type who only watch Disney movies. I'm also only outgoing in certain settings. I would be embarrassed to get up and sing in front of my school, (only if the songs were those nerdy ones the G.O. make up) and I am not the type to be that typical leibidik color war captain with all the cheering and that kinda stuff.
As for Pefect Ema: I've heard things like that before. The way it is in my grade, I keep a tally. My group (the down-to-earth, low-maintenance girls) is losing 5-3. I'm kinda kidding, but most of the girls that people predicted would be married right away are. But I wish everyone the best. Nobody deserves to live miserably.

 
At 12/14/2005 9:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

To quote someone I know, "Story of my life, babe!"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home