Friday, December 10, 2004

Alumnae Newsletter

Okay, now I am infuriated.

Everyone who knows me mildly well knows how much I love writing. My high school principals are fully aware of my interests , but didn't bother to ask me to contribute to this cheeseball publication.

Instead, they ask these little genius kids who were G.O. Presidents in high school, as well as editors-in-chief of the yearbook, and yup-you guessed it-Valedictorians. I know I'm not the smartest or frummest graduate, by any means, but give me a damn break.

I have expressed interest in writing since I was in 3rd grade! Jeez! I even told them after I graduated that I had wanted the chance to be editor of the shcool newspaper. It seems they're trying to get rid of my Journalism major. I guess they're trying to get another OT, PT, Speech, or Pyschology major in Touro College. Ha.

Now, if I really had guts, I'd start my own publication and compete with theirs. But what do I need that for?

This issue had an article about Rav Ahron Kotler, ZT"L, something about Channuka, and one other thing that completely didn't interest me. The one thing that interested me was the recipe-looked awesome. My point is, and I have a blog entry ready to go on this topic, that why the hell (sorry, but i have to) do these idiots choose the same 2 girls for EVERYTHING? even once I am out of high school!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Because I wear denim,--even when I'm not in camp. I know, I'm a shiksa. It's unbelievably assur. I can't believe I am a Bais Yaakov graduate.

Give me a chance to write, for crying out loud! ARGH.

Have a good Shabbos!

5 Comments:

At 12/12/2004 8:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Although it may be frustrating now especially when your school doesn't have that many alumni classes yet it will probably even out later on. I know for a fact that in my school they always have people who are older and working in all sorts of fields and up to different life points--the contributors write about making Kids' Chasunahs or about buying homes or living in Eretz Yisroel.... So while now they may only notice the G.O Presidents/Gamach Heads/Shabaton Coordinators, etc. as the school continues to grow you will probably be acknowledged for your stamina as a Journalist or wherever your life takes you--i"yh. ~~M.S.

 
At 12/12/2004 6:14 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Ok, confession time. I made a mistake. I jumped to conclusions. Turns out that these girls were not approached to start this thing, but they approached the principals with the idea and asked to fund it, hence it was sent from the school.
When I mentioned it to my friend who goes to Touro with these kids, she said, "yeah, they mentioned it a few times, and asked for contributions..." once again my goyte reputation gets the best of me...
BTW, the whole "goyte" thing is totally in jest, and I am extremely happy to be in Brooklyn College even though all my buddies are in Touro.

 
At 12/14/2004 10:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bervea.

 
At 12/29/2004 7:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

woohoo! sounds like my old h.s.! (think we went to the same place??:) it was all the kids with the 4.0 gpa's that got to air their [dull/dry/boring] views in public. (not that these kids actually wrote any interesting articles mind you. it was all cookie-cutter ideas..) and how 'bout the rest of us that COULD write, that kn ew how to eloquently capture an audience's attention and keep it longer than the avergae 2 second span??? relegated to the corner as usual. we weren't: frum enough, 'smart' (could you memorize the whole tana"ch for tomorrow's quiz??) enough,role-model-ey enough, pushy enough et.c etc. It's enough to drive one mad!!! I totally agree! give us 1 damn break..just one..but alas, that is not meant to be..we'll just have to start our own newsletter of sorts!

 
At 1/02/2005 3:59 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

I couldn't agree more, and you are more than welcome to help me. I like you. Hehe.
Seriously, I know that cookie-cutter stuff all too well. I mean, notice the articles in that thing? Even if I am the editor of the next issue, (one is getting married and moving to israel and offered me the position)I'd be afraid to look at the thing becuase I was so bored with the other one.
That cookie-cutter system is way overrated...I actually have a piece about the Bais yaakov system...maybe I'll write it now...
Thanks for your comment!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home